Trends that are big now will still be going strong next fall and winter, according to runways in New York.
Each fashion week brings a new crop of styles, but the looks on the runways at the New York fall/winter shows had a strong hint of the familiar.
Trends that are big now— lace, dark florals, plaid and menswear inspiration — will still be going strong next fall and winter, according to the recent shows. Which is great news for those shopping winter clearance sales this month and next.
Lace was seen at Marc Jacobs, DKNY, Tracy Reese, Rodarte and Jason Wu, among others.
Plaid was seen at Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Victoria Beckham and Alexander Wang.
Most Read Stories
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Republicans going beyond hypocrisy with the national debt | Danny Westneat
- Washington state’s new parental leave law could change workplace for moms — and dads
Dark florals were seen at Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang, Oscar de la Renta, Proenza Schouler, Michael Kors, and Tracy Reese.
Menswear inspiration was seen at Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors and Thom Browne, with houndstooth and check prints at many more shows.
Other trends included liquid-metallic fabrics, abstract animal prints, hot shades of red and midi lengths.