Throw a chic cover-up on over your swimsuit and go from pool to party.
Swimsuits are the bane of many women, which makes throwing on a chic cover-up even more of a joy.
A cover-up will get you to and from your preferred watering hole in style, and can double as an outfit if you decide to grab a meal or pop into a store along the way.
Here’s how to get the most out of your cover-up.
TRY OUT A TREND
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
Miami Swim Week provides a sneak peek at swimwear trends for next summer. This year’s shows featured lots of cover-ups with floral prints, fringe details, dip-dyed fabrics and punchy corals.
USE SUMMER STAPLEs
Stretch its use by opting for a cover-up that can double as an outfit. A soft maxi dress can be tossed on over your swimsuit while you laze by the pool; add some accessories and it can transform into a happy-hour look. Likewise, a kimono can go over your bikini and then turn into an outfit when coupled with some white denim.
ADD UV PROTECTION
Your cover-up can also serve to shade you from the sun. Look for rash guards and swim tops that have built-in UPF protection.
SHOP YOUR CLOSET
You may already have some pieces in your closet that will work perfectly as cover-ups. Try throwing on an oversized oxford or a chambray shirt and leaving the top unbuttoned.