Fashion seemed to make a leap into the present with more diverse models, fewer trends and some pieces that were for immediate sale.
New York Fashion Week, which started Sept. 8 and wrapped on Thursday, reflected the evolving nature of fashion.
There were fewer across-the-board trends, more non-traditional models and shows that weren’t shows at all.
Here are some highlights from the event that focused on spring/summer collections for 2017, but — in another break from tradition — also featured designers showing pieces ready for immediate sale.
Click through the slide show to see selections from the major shows.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Seattle leaders look to push 'refresh' button with Amazon
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Body of missing Lynnwood boy, 6, found in dumpster; relative in custody
- Self-driving car accidents: Robot drivers are ‘odd, and that’s why they get hit’