Fun spring dress trends include geometric prints, fresh florals and bold necklines.
Spring brings many joys, and one of the biggest is picking out a couple new warm-weather dresses.
Here are three trends for spring and summer to help narrow your search.
If your closet has enough stripes and florals, play with a new pattern: geometric prints. Diamond patterns are trending this year, and gingham is still going strong. The crisp designs make them good candidates for your work-wear wardrobe — just add a neutral blazer and a structured handbag. After work, slide into sandals and you’re ready to barbecue.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
Recently, florals have been trending year-round. In the colder months, designers were using darker, moodier blooms, but for spring things are lightening up. Look for airy, whimsical buds in bold hues for a modern look.
Pair a floral dress with a denim jacket and flat sandals for a casual look, or go all out with a wide-brimmed hat and lace-up wedges for a summer wedding.
You may have noticed off-the-shoulder shirts and dresses filling the rack recently. The trend is romantic and flattering, and one that’s available from several “fast-fashion” outlets so you can try on the style without a huge monetary commitment.
Another hot look is the “X” neckline, which still shows off the shoulders while adding a little more coverage and support. Both are fresh, pretty and unexpected looks that are fun to play with.
ShopNW staff contributed to this story.