A reader is planning a new vanity top and faucet, and she wants a soap dispenser that is an exact match to her new faucet.

Share story

Q: We’re planning a new vanity top and faucet and I want a soap dispenser that is an exact match to my new faucet. Can you please give me some information on these custom-type soap dispensers?
A: The type of soap/lotion dispenser you’re asking about is often referred to as “suite”-type because it is usually part of a faucet collection. Basically, it means the company making the faucet may have a line of design accessories matching that faucet.
If you look around, you may even find faucets with a few different types of matching dispensers, including:
Traditional in-sink. This type mounts in an extra sink hole, and the reservoir is under the sink.
Countertop. It easily sits on the counter, but it’s a dead ringer to match the faucet and finish.
Wall-mounted. It installs up on the wall and out of the way.

Master contractor/plumber Ed Del Grande is a TV host, LEED green associate and author of  “Ed Del Grande’s House Call.”  For information, visit eddelgrande.com.