Un-Cruise Adventures photographer and videographer creates, edits and manages videos and images on board the company's eight vessels.
What do you do? I am the marketing coordinator at Un-Cruise Adventures, an adventure cruise line [based in Seattle]. My primary role is to manage the visual assets and act as the company photographer and videographer.
How did you get that job? I have a background in photography and videography, and I love boats and traveling; this job really appealed to me. I liked the idea of using my skills to create, edit and manage videos and images that depict life-changing experiences people have while traveling with us.
What’s a typical day like? My days vary from video shoots to photography sessions with guests and staff, or I may be in the office editing video that was taken by another videographer on board one of our eight vessels. Sometimes, I head down to one of the boats to take pictures or video to incorporate into marketing pieces.
What’s the best part of the job? Traveling to the destinations and recording guests’ and crew experiences, as well as finding unique ways to show potential guests exactly what we do. It’s not your typical cruise, so marketing it requires a lot of fun and creativity.
Most Read Stories
- Sore losers? That’s too soft a label for how the Seahawks reacted at the end of Jags loss | Matt Calkins
- Amazon’s Seattle hiring frenzy slows sharply; what’s going on?
- Seahawks-Jaguars game ends in ugly brawl, and an altercation with Jacksonville fans VIEW
- Asked & Answered: What happened to Tom the Guessing Doorman at Costco?
- Renton-based Providence in talks for massive hospital merger with Ascension
What surprises people about the job? Once you’re hired, you realize that you are part of a very unique working environment. It’s fast-paced and everyone works hard. There are so many different jobs — shipboard to land-based, and everyone wears many different hats. But most important, we have a lot of fun here.