XYZ University recently surveyed more than 500 millennials ages 21–34 to shed light on employee turnover.
XYZ University, a leadership preparation program, recently surveyed more than 500 millennials ages 21–34 to shed light on employee turnover.
From the survey, here are 10 reasons why millennials quit their jobs:
• Wanted to take a risk since recession ended
• To take a job that better fit their identity
• To find a job that would help them stay competitive
• To make a difference in the world
• To be mentored
• So they could use all or most of their skills
• Because they were not given the truth about what to expect on the job
• Inflexible work schedules, which were needed because they were in school and working at the same time
• Opportunities for better pay
Looking for more on this topic? See what 3M and other companies are doing to attract and keep millennials.
Are you a Seattle-area millennial considering a job change? You’ll probably want to start building a Seattle network, in real life. Here’s how.