“My cat delivered kittens” and other odd reasons for tardiness.
Homework late? Blame the dog. Late for work? Blame the dog. Or the cat.
Accountemps is out with a new survey of the oddest excuses managers say they’ve heard from tardy employees. Among the latest batch of gems:
• “I drove to my old job out of habit.”
• “I thought I was still on vacation.”
• “I had nothing to wear.”
• “My dog ate my car keys.”
• “I got locked in the gas station restroom and had to wait for someone to get me out.”
• “My cat delivered kittens.”
• “My hair got caught in a fan.”
• “I Super-Glued my eye thinking it was contact solution.”
• “Geese chased me on my way to the car.”
• “I was stuck in an elevator with a kid that pushed the buttons for all of the floors.”