Genovation GXE clocked at 209 mph at Kennedy Space Center.
Genovation Cars announced this week that it has once again set a world record for fastest street-legal electric car. On Feb.16, the Genovation GXE reached a top speed of 209 mph at Johnny Bohmer Proving Grounds located at Space Florida’s Shuttle Landing Facility, Kennedy Space Center. The Genovation GXE is the only street-legal electric vehicle in the world to have certified speeds of more than 200 mph.
The GXE is a highly modified Corvette that includes a state-of-the-art battery management system, inverters, batteries and electric motors that exceed 700 horsepower.
The GXE is designed for superior handling, with a near 50/50 weight distribution and optimized for a low center of gravity. It is available with either a 7-speed manual transmission or a paddle shifting 8-speed automatic.
The GXE has broken the same record three times in the past 12 months.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’ | National politics
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta