BANGOR, Maine (AP) — The trial of a New York man charged in connection with a 2016 shootout at a Maine Walmart has begun in Bangor.
WABI-TV reports 39-year-old Reginald McBride faces charges that include attempted murder and drug offenses. Prosecutors played McBride’s police interview Monday in federal court for the jury.
Police say McBride and three others got into an argument over drug money before the shootout erupted at the Augusta Walmart. Authorities say no one was injured in the shooting.
The trial is expected to continue Tuesday despite the storm.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of world's plastic is not recycled
- Judge delays Flynn sentencing, 'not hiding disgust' at crime WATCH
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- 'Republicans will never stop': Obama rips GOP after Affordable Care Act is ruled unconstitutional
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
Information from: WABI-TV, http://www.wabi.tv