BANGOR, Maine (AP) — The trial of a New York man charged in connection with a 2016 shootout at a Maine Walmart has begun in Bangor.
WABI-TV reports 39-year-old Reginald McBride faces charges that include attempted murder and drug offenses. Prosecutors played McBride’s police interview Monday in federal court for the jury.
Police say McBride and three others got into an argument over drug money before the shootout erupted at the Augusta Walmart. Authorities say no one was injured in the shooting.
The trial is expected to continue Tuesday despite the storm.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Sally Hemings gets her due at Monticello
- Gunfire erupts at New Jersey arts festival; 22 wounded VIEW
- Clarinetist discovers his ex-girlfriend faked rejection letter from his dream school
- 7-meter-long python swallows Indonesian woman
Information from: WABI-TV, http://www.wabi.tv