BANGOR, Maine (AP) — The trial of a New York man charged in connection with a 2016 shootout at a Maine Walmart has begun in Bangor.
WABI-TV reports 39-year-old Reginald McBride faces charges that include attempted murder and drug offenses. Prosecutors played McBride’s police interview Monday in federal court for the jury.
Police say McBride and three others got into an argument over drug money before the shootout erupted at the Augusta Walmart. Authorities say no one was injured in the shooting.
The trial is expected to continue Tuesday despite the storm.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- He attends an elite university but lives in a trailer with no heat or sewer hookups VIEW
- Top-seeded Virginia left to make sense of historic NCAA loss VIEW
- McCabe kept memos on Trump dealings; Mueller now has them
- Bones discovered on Pacific island belong to Amelia Earhart, new forensic analysis shows VIEW
- FBI at site where Civil War gold rumored to be buried
Information from: WABI-TV, http://www.wabi.tv