COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a 2-year-old girl found unresponsive along with her mother in a Council Bluffs apartment fire has died.
The Omaha World-Herald reports that A’Nyia Patton died Friday night at Children’s Hospital in Omaha, Nebraska, where she was taken after being found by firefighters in the burning apartment Wednesday morning.
An autopsy has been ordered.
The girl’s mother, 37-year-old Michelle Patton, remained in critical condition at the Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
Firefighters were sent to the blaze 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. Within minutes, they had the fire under control and found the mother and child in a bedroom. At the time, neither had a pulse and CPR was started to revive them.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com