Weather: Not quite so sunny, but still nice, in the mid-70s. National Weather Service forecast
Traffic: Many disruptions continue through 5 a.m. Monday. The 520 bridge is closed, I-5 has northbound lane closures, and the Alaskan Way Viaduct is closed southbound. Get more details on the big weekend closures, some others, and adjustments to affected Metro bus routes.
Oso mudslide neighborhood never should have been built: The Steelhead Haven neighborhood near Oso that was destroyed by this year’s landslide was built in the 1960s after the developer failed to secure a required flood plain permit, avoiding a process that would have warned of the dangers of building there, according to a Seattle Times Watchdog report.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
Most Read Stories
- After 80 lawsuits against Trump, this one's the big one
- Seattle City Council votes to override Mayor Jenny Durkan's vetoes of police and public-safety changes to 2020 budget
- All I-5 lanes reopened after semi's trailer dangling over roadway is removed VIEW
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 23: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world