LACONIA, N.H. (AP) — About three dozen skiers were evacuated from a chairlift at New Hampshire’s Gunstock Mountain.
WMUR-TV reports that a mechanical failure stopped the chairlift Friday night. Officials decided to use ropes to evacuate skiers and riders rather than try to repair the lift while people were on it. The ski area says the evacuation took about an hour and a half, and there were no injuries.
Staff had completed a safety training exercise for such a scenario just two weeks ago.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- With police near, suspected Austin bomber blows himself up VIEW
- Neighbors baffled after naming of 24-year-old suspect
- Sea lions gobbling fragile fish in Northwest survival war VIEW
- Austin bombing suspect had list of future targets
- Austin bombing suspect's uncle says he was smart, kind VIEW
Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com