LACONIA, N.H. (AP) — About three dozen skiers were evacuated from a chairlift at New Hampshire’s Gunstock Mountain.
WMUR-TV reports that a mechanical failure stopped the chairlift Friday night. Officials decided to use ropes to evacuate skiers and riders rather than try to repair the lift while people were on it. The ski area says the evacuation took about an hour and a half, and there were no injuries.
Staff had completed a safety training exercise for such a scenario just two weeks ago.
Most Read Stories
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski, 21, dies from an apparent suicide
- Take it from me, WSU athlete's death is a reminder that help is available | Matt Calkins
- Sound familiar, Seattle? Apple shops for site to build a new campus, will also add 20,000 jobs
- Police investigate reported gang rape of teen in Ballard park
- Is Seattle’s homeless crisis the worst in the country?
Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com