The Seattle University women’s basketball team lost 76-59 at UC Davis on Sunday afternoon.
DAVIS, Calif. – The Seattle University women’s basketball team lost 76-59 at UC Davis on Sunday afternoon. Joana Alves scored 16 points to pace three Redhawks in double figures in the nonconference game.
The loss kept Seattle U (0-10) winless for the season.
UC Davis (5-5), the defending Big West regular-season champion, outscored the Redhawks 20-9 in the second quarter.
“The second quarter was our undoing,” SU coach Suzy Barcomb said. “We are putting ourselves in too deep of a hole to claw our way out. We have to try and develop some sort of offensive consistency over the next week.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Ranking the Pac-12's Heisman Trophy contenders for 2019
- Seahawks sign former first-round pick Paxton Lynch as backup QB candidate behind Russell Wilson
- What separates the haves and the have-nots of high-school athletics — and Washington's plan to fix it
- Washington gets outside shot going against Stanford, sits alone atop Pac-12 WATCH
- Three impressions from Washington's 80-64 win over Stanford
Alves worked through foul trouble to tally 16 points on 6-for-11 field-goal shooting. Kamira Sanders and Carla Bieg each scored 10 points, while Sarah Rahon made three threes for nine points.
Seattle U returns to action Dec. 17 when Cal Poly visits the Redhawk Center.