The Seattle University women’s basketball team lost 76-59 at UC Davis on Sunday afternoon.
DAVIS, Calif. – The Seattle University women’s basketball team lost 76-59 at UC Davis on Sunday afternoon. Joana Alves scored 16 points to pace three Redhawks in double figures in the nonconference game.
The loss kept Seattle U (0-10) winless for the season.
UC Davis (5-5), the defending Big West regular-season champion, outscored the Redhawks 20-9 in the second quarter.
“The second quarter was our undoing,” SU coach Suzy Barcomb said. “We are putting ourselves in too deep of a hole to claw our way out. We have to try and develop some sort of offensive consistency over the next week.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Seahawks safety Earl Thomas finally explains that middle finger
- No hard feelings? Mariners face challenge in how to part with Ichiro, Felix Hernandez | Larry Stone
- First Glance: UW's first opponent, Utah State, is the hottest team in the NCAA tournament
- The Mariners know 2019 will be rough. So do we. But a tantalizing future isn't far off | Larry Stone
- Seahawks issues and answers: What kind of contracts did Mychal Kendricks and J.R. Sweezy get?
Alves worked through foul trouble to tally 16 points on 6-for-11 field-goal shooting. Kamira Sanders and Carla Bieg each scored 10 points, while Sarah Rahon made three threes for nine points.
Seattle U returns to action Dec. 17 when Cal Poly visits the Redhawk Center.