Seattle (9-4-1) takes on last year's NFC West winner Arizona (5-8-1) in a season that has splintered in different directions for the two foes since a 6-6 tie in week 7.
So much for an undefeated home season.
Instead, the Seahawks got a shot to the heart and a punch to the gut in a stunning 34-31 loss to Arizona Saturday, decided on a 43-yard field goal by Chandler Catanzaro as time ran out.
But the defeat on the field might have been the least of what Seattle lost Saturday.
Seattle also fell out of the No. 2 seed in the NFC playoffs and also lost receiver Tyler Lockett to a serious leg injury while also playing without running back Thomas Rawls in the second half. [ Read more » ]
- Seahawks lose their magic with crushing loss to Cardinals | Calkins
- Seahawks lose game, Tyler Lockett and grip on No. 2 seed
- Bah Humbug: Seattle sports world reacts to crushing loss
- Grading the Game: Seahawks revive on offense, nearly flunk elsewhere
- Seahawks’ offensive line was brutal in first half vs. Cardinals
- Chandler Catanzaro breaks Seahawks’ hearts and lets them know it, too
- 1st impressions: Seahawks get further decimated by injuries
- Kam Chancellor leaves game with ankle injury, then returns
- Tyler Lockett suffer gruesome ankle injury
- Thomas Rawls leaves game with shoulder injury