[caption id=”attachment_58789″ align=”alignright” width=”294″] These 12s in Killarney, Ireland, go to great lengths to watch the Super Bowl.[/caption]
Seahawks fans in Killarney, Ireland, have found a clever way to watch the Super Bowl at a local pub.
Charlie Foley’s hosts parties for Seahawks fans for every playoff game and the Super Bowl, according to Roger O’Sullivan, who runs Claddagh Construction of Seattle and who knows the pub’s proprietor.
But here’s the tricky part for these dedicated 12s: In Killarney, pubs have to close at 11 p.m. on Sunday nights by law. And the Super Bowl starts at 11:30 p.m. Killarney time. So they lock everyone inside at 11 p.m. and, wink wink, close. And that’s the plan again this Sunday.
Most Read Stories
- In blue Seattle, Trump supporters are starting to come out of hiding | Danny Westneat
- Impressions from the Seahawks' 25-19 preseason loss against the Minnesota Vikings | Analysis WATCH
- In the gardening dog days of summer, there’s no reason any plant should ‘sit’ or ‘stay’ past its prime
- Retail survivors: How four family-owned Washington shops have made it in the Amazon era
- UW Huskies back in contention for Sav'ell Smalls after 5-star LB from Kennedy Catholic releases top 6
May Irish eyes smile upon these fans again this Super Bowl.
Listen up, football fans
Spotify did a little research into what people in Washington listen to compared to what people in New England have on their playlists.
Funky electronica and indie rock are particularly popular among Seahawks fans, Spotify says, as is hometown favorite duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Tracks you will find on a playlist in Washington, but not New England include: “Gooey,” by Glass Animals; “Mind Over Matter,” by Young the Giant; and “Let’s Get Lost,” by G-Eazy and Devon Baldwin.
In New England, classic rock, hip-hop and Latin are tops. Notable tracks on a New England playlist, but not Washington include: “House Party,” by Sam Hunt; “Buy a Heart,” by Nicki Minaj; and “Bailando,” by Enrique Iglesias.
Spotify says New England likes the “immortal hits” of the ’90s. Here at Fan Buzz, we call that “stuck in the ’90s.”
But we can’t poke too much fun: Apparently Seahawks fans love their Katy Perry. Get ready to sing along with the half-time show.
Must-watch TV tonight
Thursday night’s “Conan” show (11 p.m. on TBS) pits the Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch against New England’s Rob Gronkowski in a “Clueless Gamer Big Game Showdown: ‘Mortal Kombat X.'” We can’t remember seeing Lynch laugh so much — so counter to most people’s perception of him. See the promo clip here:
Battle torn 12th Flag
The 12th Man flag that was raised at the Space Needle by former Seahawks left tackle Walter Jones before the NFC Championship Game against the Packers took a beating in the storm that followed. Torn and tattered, the flag will be on display at the Space Needle today from noon to 3 p.m. for fans to sign.
The flag will then make a tour of the city and will fly over the Needle when the Seahawks return from Arizona.
Singer Dave Matthews will raise a new 25-by-35-foot flag at the Space Needle Thursday morning at 9 a.m.
A prickly question
Time for predictions! We could consult NFL experts. We could talk to national media. Hey, we could even ask our own staff. But we prefer to consult Teddy Bear the Porcupine to find out which team is going to win Super Bowl XLIX. Hey, he’s been right three years out of three so far, which is better than we can say about or staff writers. …
Can’t get enough Fan Buzz? Wait, there’s more!
- Perseverance inspires school’s ‘Eye of the Tiger’ video
- Legion of Boom on SI cover
- More flashy cleats coming
- Michael Bennett’s ‘Wizard of Oz’ bike ride; Super Bowl weather
- Let’s talk balls; super hero Super Bowl bet
- Could ‘DeflateGate‘ change fan loyalties?
- New bike might make those Packers-fan tears go away