[caption id=”attachment_58789″ align=”alignright” width=”294″] These 12s in Killarney, Ireland, go to great lengths to watch the Super Bowl.[/caption]
Seahawks fans in Killarney, Ireland, have found a clever way to watch the Super Bowl at a local pub.
Charlie Foley’s hosts parties for Seahawks fans for every playoff game and the Super Bowl, according to Roger O’Sullivan, who runs Claddagh Construction of Seattle and who knows the pub’s proprietor.
But here’s the tricky part for these dedicated 12s: In Killarney, pubs have to close at 11 p.m. on Sunday nights by law. And the Super Bowl starts at 11:30 p.m. Killarney time. So they lock everyone inside at 11 p.m. and, wink wink, close. And that’s the plan again this Sunday.
Most Read Stories
- Washington drivers who break "Move Over Law" could face $214 ticket this weekend — here's a refresher on the law
- A year after officials called off search for hiker Sam Sayers, her mother is still looking
- Boeing and FAA give more signs of preparations for a 737 MAX return to flight
- Elizabeth Warren's Sunday town hall is moved to Seattle Center
- Sophomore quarterback Jake Haener leaves UW Huskies one week before season opener
May Irish eyes smile upon these fans again this Super Bowl.
Listen up, football fans
Spotify did a little research into what people in Washington listen to compared to what people in New England have on their playlists.
Funky electronica and indie rock are particularly popular among Seahawks fans, Spotify says, as is hometown favorite duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Tracks you will find on a playlist in Washington, but not New England include:
- “Gooey” by Glass Animals
- “Mind Over Matter” by Young the Giant
- “Let’s Get Lost” by G-Eazy, Devon Baldwin
In New England, classic rock, hip-hop and Latin are tops. Notable tracks on a New England playlist, but not Washington include:
- “House Party” by Sam Hunt
- “Buy a Heart” by Nicki Minaj
- “Bailando” by Enrique Iglesias
Spotify says New England likes the “immortal hits” of the ’90s. Here at Fan Buzz, we call that “stuck in the ’90s.”
But we can’t poke too much fun. Apparently Seahawks fans love their Katy Perry. Get ready to sing along with the half-time show.
A prickly question
Time for predictions! We could consult NFL experts. We could talk to national media. Hey, we could even ask our own staff. But we prefer to consult Teddy Bear the Porcupine to find out which team is going to win Super Bowl XLIX. Hey, he’s been right three years out of three so far, which is better than we can say about or staff writers. …
Can’t get enough Fan Buzz? Wait, there’s more!
- Perseverance inspires school’s ‘Eye of the Tiger’ video
- Legion of Boom on SI cover
- More flashy cleats coming
- Michael Bennett’s ‘Wizard of Oz’ bike ride; Super Bowl weather
- Let’s talk balls; super hero Super Bowl bet
- Could ‘DeflateGate‘ change fan loyalties?
- New bike might make those Packers-fan tears go away