AIGLE, Switzerland (AP) — The International Cycling Union says it picked Scotland to host the first combined world championships in 13 disciplines in 2023.
Glasgow will host most events over a two-week period in August featuring road and track races, plus mountain bike, BMX and para-cycling.
The UCI will gather the world championships together every fourth year in the season before an Olympics.
The governing body says “over several weeks, the host city and/or region will become the true cycling capital of the world.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Seahawks safety Earl Thomas finally explains that middle finger
- Mariners open 2019 season in Japan with strong offense and a win vs. A's VIEW
- No hard feelings? Mariners face challenge in how to part with Ichiro, Felix Hernandez | Larry Stone
- As the Mariners open 2019 season in Japan, Ichiro receives a fitting — if a bit awkward — hero's welcome
- The Mariners know 2019 will be rough. So do we. But a tantalizing future isn't far off. | Larry Stone
More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports