AIGLE, Switzerland (AP) — The International Cycling Union says it picked Scotland to host the first combined world championships in 13 disciplines in 2023.
Glasgow will host most events over a two-week period in August featuring road and track races, plus mountain bike, BMX and para-cycling.
The UCI will gather the world championships together every fourth year in the season before an Olympics.
The governing body says “over several weeks, the host city and/or region will become the true cycling capital of the world.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- He's 'completely different.' But will Puka Nacua be a difference-maker in his freshman season at UW?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Huskies pitchers shut out Kentucky in first game of NCAA softball super regional VIEW
- Huskies ride their pitching to super regional sweep, return to Women's College World Series
- What the contracts of Al Woods and Geno Smith say about their potential roles for the Seahawks in 2019
More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports