AIGLE, Switzerland (AP) — The International Cycling Union says it picked Scotland to host the first combined world championships in 13 disciplines in 2023.
Glasgow will host most events over a two-week period in August featuring road and track races, plus mountain bike, BMX and para-cycling.
The UCI will gather the world championships together every fourth year in the season before an Olympics.
The governing body says “over several weeks, the host city and/or region will become the true cycling capital of the world.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- 'I love you, Seattle fans': Finally, Mariners legend Edgar Martinez joins the Baseball Hall of Fame WATCH
- Seahawks defensive lineman Jarran Reed suspended 6 games for violation of NFL's personal conduct policy
- The Seahawks have questions as training camp opens, we have some answers | Analysis
- Mariners turn in signature performance in 9-3 loss to the Angels
- Weight lifted, Edgar Martinez's emotional day ends with enshrinement into storied Hall of Fame | Larry Stone WATCH
More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports