That was loud. Unstable air mass triggered a lightning and thunder show over many parts of Puget Sound last night. And there’s a chance today for more flash showers, especially near the Cascade foothills.
A whole lot of bikers with a cause. The weekend-long ride Obliteride continues today through Sunday. Hundreds of bicyclists will be riding 25, 50, 100 or 180 miles through Seattle, the Eastside and Tacoma — all to raise money and awareness for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Not riding? If you or your family or your friends have ever been touched by cancer, considering heading over to Seattle’s Magnuson Park for the festivities. Here’s the schedule, including live music.
It’s called the River of No Return for a reason. That’s the rugged, mountainous area in central Idaho where suspected killer James Lee DiMaggio is thought to be hiding out along with 16-year-old Hannah Anderson. DiMaggio is suspected of killing Hannah’s mother Christina Anderson, 44, and her 8-year-old brother, whose bodies were found Sunday night. For the latest in the developing story, go here.
Junior will be inducted into the Mariners Hall of Fame today. Twenty-two years in the bigs and so many memories. Bob Condotta breaks down the top 10 moments. What you really want to look at is our photo gallery. The ceremony will take place before the Mariners’ game, starting at 5 p.m.
Most Read Stories
- Permanent daylight saving time passes Washington state House 90-6, heads to Inslee's desk
- Miska, Bellevue’s most persecuted tabby cat, seeks her day in court
- Seahawks trade Frank Clark to Kansas City Chiefs for package including 2019 first-round draft pick
- Peek inside the Hunts Point mansion, famous for huge art collection, that sold for record $37.5 million WATCH
- Largest e-recycling fraud in U.S. history sends owners of Kent firm to prison
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com:
Mark Higgins: 206-464-2204 or Mark’s email