CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Police say a man found hiding in the bathroom of a business has been charged with drunken driving in a West Virginia crash involving a school bus.
Police tell news outlets 27-year-old Franklin Carroll Jr. was arrested Thursday after running from the four-vehicle crash in Charleston.
Lt. Autumn Davis says Carroll was driving a truck that struck a car, causing a chain-reaction collision with two other stopped cars and the bus. Davis says Carroll was arrested in the restroom of a nearby business.
She says a car driver and a passenger in Carroll’s truck were taken to a hospital. The extent of their injuries wasn’t known.
Most Read Stories
- 3 million gallons of untreated sewage spill into Puget Sound, state officials investigating
- Notice a bunny boom? Here are some reasons for the Seattle area's recent rise in rabbits VIEW
- Cruise ship turns back to Seattle after power outage
- T-Mobile's brash CEO sprints to top of best-paid leaders at Pacific Northwest companies
- Kelsey Plum returns to UW, searching for the same happiness that brought her college glory
No one was hurt on the bus, which carried one student.
It wasn’t known whether Carroll has a lawyer. Davis didn’t immediately respond to an email.