PIMLICO, Md. (AP) — Baltimore County police say an officer has hit and killed a suspect fleeing a stolen car.
Spokesman Cpl. Shawn Vinson tells news outlets that county police on Sunday were pursuing a car reported stolen earlier that afternoon from a pizza delivery driver. Police say three people jumped out of the car as it moved across a roadway, and one of them was fatally struck by a pursuing officer’s cruiser.
Vinson says that person was pinned underneath the cruiser. Authorities didn’t immediately release the suspect’s identity, but say the suspect may be a juvenile. Another suspect was arrested and a third suspect evaded police. No officers were injured.
Vinson says the officer wasn’t placed on leave and it’s unclear if the officer’s body camera recorded the crash. City police are investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Acting defense secretary bows out of running to be confirmed as Pentagon chief
- Citing family strife, Shanahan withdraws as Pentagon nominee
- Trump could have tough time meeting his deportation threat
- Scientists take a peek behind those sad puppy dog eyes
- Acting Pentagon chief, a former Seattle resident, addresses violent domestic incidents as nomination is withdrawn