CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) — Authorities in northeastern Iowa have released the names of three people from Waterloo killed in a crash that also seriously injured three others.
Police say 20-year-old Elijah James Showalter, 21-year-old Daniel James Delagardelle and 16-year-old Brady Hagenstein died in the Friday evening in Cedar Falls.
Police say the three were traveling in a speeding westbound car on Viking Road that crossed the center line and hit an eastbound SUV head-on.
Three people in the SUV — a Cedar Falls husband and wife and their 9-year-old daughter — were hospitalized with what officials say are non-life-threatening injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Sally Hemings gets her due at Monticello
- Gunfire erupts at New Jersey arts festival; 22 wounded VIEW
- Staff cuts at federal prisons have teachers, nurses guarding inmates
- 'Unfair and unconstitutional': Outrage over detained migrant children intensifies