The 35-member musical ensemble fetes outgoing music director Christophe Chagnard at three performances and parties Feb. 20-22, 2015.
Northwest Sinfonietta bids farewell to music director Christophe Chagnard with a familiar concert — an all-Mozart program, the same composer Chagnard saluted at his first concert with the group in 1991.
The ensemble is experimenting with a new organizational model in the coming season, based on collaboration between the musicians and guest directors who appear on a rotating schedule. Leadership will be shared among the ensemble’s 35 players, who will have a more direct say in mission, personnel and programming.
Outgoing director Chagnard will be feted at post-performance parties in Seattle, Tacoma and Puyallup this weekend, with food, drinks and special guests.
Concerts are at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 20, Nordstrom Recital Hall, Benaroya Hall, Seattle; 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, Rialto Theater, Tacoma; 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 22, Pioneer Pavilion, Puyallup.
Most Read Stories
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Washington may become first state to legalize human composting
- Renter boom: Apartments filling up faster in Seattle area than anywhere in the U.S.
- Analysis: A final accounting of Russell Wilson's deal shows why he called it 'a no-brainer'
- Permanent daylight saving time passes state Senate 46-2; here’s what’s next
For complete ticket information for performances and parties, go to northwestsinfonietta.org.