The 35-member musical ensemble fetes outgoing music director Christophe Chagnard at three performances and parties Feb. 20-22, 2015.
Northwest Sinfonietta bids farewell to music director Christophe Chagnard with a familiar concert — an all-Mozart program, the same composer Chagnard saluted at his first concert with the group in 1991.
The ensemble is experimenting with a new organizational model in the coming season, based on collaboration between the musicians and guest directors who appear on a rotating schedule. Leadership will be shared among the ensemble’s 35 players, who will have a more direct say in mission, personnel and programming.
Outgoing director Chagnard will be feted at post-performance parties in Seattle, Tacoma and Puyallup this weekend, with food, drinks and special guests.
Concerts are at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 20, Nordstrom Recital Hall, Benaroya Hall, Seattle; 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, Rialto Theater, Tacoma; 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 22, Pioneer Pavilion, Puyallup.
Most Read Stories
- Talk about a ‘superload’! Check out what just crawled along Washington highways WATCH
- ‘What a mess’: Texts by Seattle mayor, council member shed light on head-tax repeal | Times Watchdog
- The best dinner-for-two deal in Seattle: a bottle of wine and 2 pasta entrees for $35
- Former WSU quarterback Jason Gesser resigns amid sexual-misconduct allegations
- California: Drugmaker paid doctors to overprescribe Humira
For complete ticket information for performances and parties, go to northwestsinfonietta.org.