The 35-member musical ensemble fetes outgoing music director Christophe Chagnard at three performances and parties Feb. 20-22, 2015.
Northwest Sinfonietta bids farewell to music director Christophe Chagnard with a familiar concert — an all-Mozart program, the same composer Chagnard saluted at his first concert with the group in 1991.
The ensemble is experimenting with a new organizational model in the coming season, based on collaboration between the musicians and guest directors who appear on a rotating schedule. Leadership will be shared among the ensemble’s 35 players, who will have a more direct say in mission, personnel and programming.
Outgoing director Chagnard will be feted at post-performance parties in Seattle, Tacoma and Puyallup this weekend, with food, drinks and special guests.
Concerts are at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 20, Nordstrom Recital Hall, Benaroya Hall, Seattle; 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, Rialto Theater, Tacoma; 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 22, Pioneer Pavilion, Puyallup.
Most Read Stories
- No surprise for commuters: Washington ranks dead last among lower 48 states for driving
- Could Russell Wilson and the Seahawks consider the uncommon contract path of Tom Brady? | Matt Calkins
- Edgar Martinez, legendary Mariners DH, overcomes odds to make Baseball Hall of Fame in final attempt WATCH
- Seahawks Mailbag: Free agent rumors and rumblings -- Could a few former Seahawks find their way back?
- End Daylight Saving Time in Washington? Why a state lawmaker thinks the effort has a chance this year
For complete ticket information for performances and parties, go to northwestsinfonietta.org.