RICHMOND, Ind. (AP) — A pet food company is planning to start production about two years after it announced plans for new manufacturing facility in eastern Indiana.
Connecticut-based Blue Buffalo Pet Products announced its Richmond project in May 2016 and started construction a few months later.
Plant manager Travis Moore tells the (Richmond) Palladium-Item that at least part of facility will open in mid-2018, producing dry dog and cat food. Moore says the company has already hired about 20 people for management positions and should have up to 160 total workers by the end of this year.
The company recently bought 36 acres of additional land near the plant within sight of Interstate 70, but Moore said no decisions have been made about possible expansion.
Most Read Business Stories
- For crew of 2,100-passenger cruise ship, frenetic 'turnaround day' in Seattle starts and ends the journey
- In Person: Terry Heckler, who drew Starbucks mermaid, can't stop sketching
- Once prized and profitable, beachfront real estate can now be a losing proposition
- 4 places to find last-minute college scholarships
- Farmer-owned Darigold cooperative targets Asia even as trade relations sour
Information from: Palladium-Item, http://www.pal-item.com