MALIBU, Calif. (AP) — Charles Minlend scored 21 points and Frankie Ferrari hit a 3-pointer with 14.2 seconds left to help San Francisco beat Pepperdine 72-69 on Saturday night.
Jimbo Lull tied his career high with 18 points on 8-of-12 shooting for San Francisco.
Lull’s dunk with 4:25 to play gave the Dons (14-2, 2-0 West Coast Conference) their biggest lead at 63-57. Colbey Ross scored Pepperdine’s first 10 points in a 12-4 run over the next four minutes that made it 69-67 when Kameron Edwards hit two free throws with 26 seconds left. Ferrari, who was just 2-of-11 shooting to that point, hit a contested pull-up 3 to put USF back in front and Jamaree Bouyea’s steal and two free throws with 4.1 seconds to go sealed it.
Edwards had 19 points and 11 rebounds and Jade’ Smith scored 13 with 11 boards for the Waves (8-8, 1-1). Ross finished with 17 points.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks 'were not comfortable' allowing Malik McDowell to try to continue playing, agent says
- Analysis: After breakout season, what's next for UW hoops? Here are 3 storylines to watch
- One sad day doesn't change the solid foundation these Huskies have built | Matt Calkins
- Here's why the NCAA tournament has been a success and a failure for the Pac-12
- Mariners 2019 season preview mailbag: What to expect of Felix Hernandez?