A man wanted in connection with three shootings that left two people dead and another injured in South King County this month was arrested today at a Kennewick home, according to Federal Way police.
Bernard Bellerouche, 27, was taken into custody without incident for investigation of first-degree murder in connection with a May 7 shooting, police said. Detectives had been looking for him since at least May 13, when they served a search warrant at his last known address, in the 27800 block of Pacific Highway South, in Federal Way.
Police said witnesses tie Bellerouche to the fatal shooting of Demario Washington, 27, in the parking lot of the Silver Shadow Apartments in Federal Way on May 7.
Bellerouche also is a person of interest, police say, in the fatal shooting May 13 of George J. Gabriel, 22, at the Mariposa Apartments in Federal Way. Gabriel, a Marine, was shot through the windshield of his car while driving with his wife, according to police.
Most Read Stories
- Washington becomes first state to legalize human composting
- Kurt Warner says Seahawks' Russell Wilson isn't a top-five NFL QB, and he might be right | Matt Calkins
- Waterfront transforming before our eyes as viaduct comes down
- Federal Way star Jaden McDaniels breaks silence, announces commitment to Washington
- Kirkland consultant questioned for six hours in criminal probe of Boeing 737 MAX crashes
Additionally, Bellerouche is a person of a interest in a non-fatal shooting May 12 near South 218th Street and 29th Avenue South. In that incident, several men in two cars began shooting at each other, injuring a 28-year-old man, police said.