I'm a girl, so not only does my handbag have to be the cutest, but no one else is allowed to have it. This is something that Kacy Yom understands...
I’m a girl, so not only does my handbag have to be the cutest, but no one else is allowed to have it. This is something that Kacy Yom understands.
Which is why her new Ballard handbag boutique, arm candy, carries designer creations you can’t get anywhere else in the state. And she only stocks one of each.
“Seattle is missing a handbag boutique store,” Yom says. “There are a lot of utility bags [in other stores] … I’m always looking for something unique, something different.”
Where else can you find an ostrich-feather beaded evening bag by Moo Roo or a leather clutch in the shape of a pair of bright red lips by Lulu Guinness? (The purple calfskin Piatonna was out the door within the first hour of the shop’s opening day. Sadly, it was not me who bought it.)
Most Read Stories
- After dancer strips at Seattle conference on homelessness, agency director suspended
- Extra! Extra! Pike Place Market newsstand to close after 40 years VIEW
- Marshawn Lynch paid an official visit to the Seahawks, but it's not what you think
- Your guide to the top 10 ski areas within a 5-hour drive of Seattle VIEW
- As 737 MAX's return slips out to mid-February, FAA boss tells Boeing CEO to back off predictions
The sleek, narrow space looks and feels like an art gallery — and its little masterpieces are priced at $200 to $1,000. But they sure are pretty to look at … and, really, one could make the case that handbags are wearable art. And I always like to contribute to the arts.
Arm candy is at 5402 22nd Ave. N.W. (206-227-4548).
Pamela Sitt: 206-464-2376 or email@example.com