A soldier from Joint Base Lewis-McChord died Saturday in Kandahar, Afghanistan, according to the Department of Defense.
Sgt. David V. Williams, 24, of Frederick, Md., is one of over 2,000 U.S. service members who have died in the war in Afghanistan. He had served there since April and was on his first deployment.
Sgt. Williams entered the Army in 2008 and had been stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord since 2011.
His awards and decorations include the Army Achievement Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal with campaign star, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Ribbon and NATO Medal.
Most Read Stories
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
- New questions emerge around REI CEO's undisclosed relationship
- UW Medicine mistakenly exposed information on nearly 1 million patients
- Tim Eyman charged with misdemeanor theft; attorneys call chair's removal from store an accident
- 'The future of basketball' plays at Federal Way High School. His name is Jaden McDaniels.
The cause of his death is under investigation.