KING 5 News was named “Large Market Station of the Year” in the 2013 National Press Photographers Association “Best of Photojournalism” contest.
It beat out five other finalists that included stations in such cities as Minneapolis and Denver. KING 5 also won the honor in 2011.
Judge Seth Voorhees said about the station’s entry:
“Everything was solid, spectacular, the stories had the most complexity. It was unbelievable, to pull it off and make it that good was amazing. There were a lot of different reporters and the quality didn’t drop off.”
Most Read Stories
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- State Patrol crackdown on HOV violators snares more than 1,700 drivers in Puget Sound area
- Detectives say simmering gang war in South King County is behind fatal shooting of an office worker in Burien
- Earl Thomas doesn't practice Friday amid mysterious circumstances and team won't say if he will play Sunday WATCH
- GOP leaders call for state Rep. Matt Manweller to resign after latest sexual misconduct allegation
The station’s entry included stories that ranged from “Bystanders taken down robbery suspect” to “Tourists peeved over small Pike Place Market bathrooms.”