KING 5 News was named “Large Market Station of the Year” in the 2013 National Press Photographers Association “Best of Photojournalism” contest.
It beat out five other finalists that included stations in such cities as Minneapolis and Denver. KING 5 also won the honor in 2011.
Judge Seth Voorhees said about the station’s entry:
“Everything was solid, spectacular, the stories had the most complexity. It was unbelievable, to pull it off and make it that good was amazing. There were a lot of different reporters and the quality didn’t drop off.”
Most Read Stories
- Could Russell Wilson and the Seahawks consider the uncommon contract path of Tom Brady? | Matt Calkins
- Edgar Martinez, legendary Mariners DH, overcomes odds to make Baseball Hall of Fame in final attempt WATCH
- Tosh Lupoi's departure from Alabama could be Pac-12's biggest recruiting coup of the year
- Mariners acquire Reds infield prospect Shed Long as part of three-team trade with Yankees
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
The station’s entry included stories that ranged from “Bystanders taken down robbery suspect” to “Tourists peeved over small Pike Place Market bathrooms.”