KING 5 News was named “Large Market Station of the Year” in the 2013 National Press Photographers Association “Best of Photojournalism” contest.
It beat out five other finalists that included stations in such cities as Minneapolis and Denver. KING 5 also won the honor in 2011.
Judge Seth Voorhees said about the station’s entry:
“Everything was solid, spectacular, the stories had the most complexity. It was unbelievable, to pull it off and make it that good was amazing. There were a lot of different reporters and the quality didn’t drop off.”
Most Read Stories
- Detectives say simmering gang war in South King County is behind fatal shooting of an office worker in Burien
- Seahawks mailbag: Why don't they go no-huddle more? What happens now to Shaquem Griffin?
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
- An inside look at Chris Petersen and Washington's somewhat cantankerous relationship with ESPN
The station’s entry included stories that ranged from “Bystanders taken down robbery suspect” to “Tourists peeved over small Pike Place Market bathrooms.”