KETCHIKAN, Alaska (AP) — State prosecutors in Ketchikan have charged a local couple with possessing illegal drugs with an estimated street value of more than $250,000.
The Ketchikan Daily New reports 35-year-old Jason Simpson and 33-year-old Angelina McDonald face two felony counts of drug misconduct.
They are represented by the public defender’s office, which did not immediately respond to an email request for comment.
Alaska State Troopers say Simpson and McDonald were found last week in possession of 175 grams of heroin, valued at $175,000, and 121 grams of methamphetamine, with a street value of $80,000.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller concludes Russia-Trump probe with no new indictments WATCH
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Flight attendant detained by immigration on return to US
- 'If you took it all in in one day, it would kill you': What Mueller's investigation has already revealed
Investigators say they also recovered a digital scale covered in drug residue, heroin packaged for distribution and a large amount of cash.
Trooper spokeswoman Megan Peters declined to say where the arrest occurred, citing an ongoing investigation.