KETCHIKAN, Alaska (AP) — State prosecutors in Ketchikan have charged a local couple with possessing illegal drugs with an estimated street value of more than $250,000.
The Ketchikan Daily New reports 35-year-old Jason Simpson and 33-year-old Angelina McDonald face two felony counts of drug misconduct.
They are represented by the public defender’s office, which did not immediately respond to an email request for comment.
Alaska State Troopers say Simpson and McDonald were found last week in possession of 175 grams of heroin, valued at $175,000, and 121 grams of methamphetamine, with a street value of $80,000.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Border official resigns amid uproar over migrant children VIEW
- At Costco food-sample line, gunfire, death and unanswered questions
- First lady's spokeswoman to be White House press secretary
- The story behind a photo of two migrants found dead in the Rio Grande
- Naked German seeks relief in store's freezer section as heat wave bakes Europe
Investigators say they also recovered a digital scale covered in drug residue, heroin packaged for distribution and a large amount of cash.
Trooper spokeswoman Megan Peters declined to say where the arrest occurred, citing an ongoing investigation.