KETCHIKAN, Alaska (AP) — State prosecutors in Ketchikan have charged a local couple with possessing illegal drugs with an estimated street value of more than $250,000.
The Ketchikan Daily New reports 35-year-old Jason Simpson and 33-year-old Angelina McDonald face two felony counts of drug misconduct.
They are represented by the public defender’s office, which did not immediately respond to an email request for comment.
Alaska State Troopers say Simpson and McDonald were found last week in possession of 175 grams of heroin, valued at $175,000, and 121 grams of methamphetamine, with a street value of $80,000.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Democrats demand investigation after report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
- Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is mulling an independent run for president in 2020
- Commuter knits a ‘rail delay scarf.’ It fetches $8,650 on eBay.
Investigators say they also recovered a digital scale covered in drug residue, heroin packaged for distribution and a large amount of cash.
Trooper spokeswoman Megan Peters declined to say where the arrest occurred, citing an ongoing investigation.