LOS ANGELES (AP) — Rapper Kanye West and Adidas are expanding their partnership that began almost two years ago with retail hubs for his Yeezy products and additional sportswear designs.
The sportswear company announced the collaboration Wednesday, describing it as the most significant partnership created between a non-athlete and an athletic brand.
Along with West, a team based at the company’s Portland, Oregon, offices will lead the creation of new Yeezy products. Retail stores will serve as hubs for the new products. They will also introduce performance designs to offer options for both street wear and sportswear.
The partnership illustrates “that anyone with a dream can dream without limitations,” West said in a statement.
Most Read Business Stories
- Seattle-area employers rethink the rules on masking, vaccines as pandemic takes a new turn
- San Francisco tenants get 6-figure buyout to leave luxe unit
- Oprah sells Orcas Island estate for $14 million
- Downtown Seattle office vacancies still high as virus variant clouds real estate outlook
- When we say 'affordable housing,' we mean one of America's biggest dilemmas
He launched his Yeezy Boost shoe line for Adidas Originals in February 2015.
This story has been correct to show West is a rapper, not a singer.