LOS ANGELES (AP) — Billie Eilish will be the first recipient of the Apple Music Award for global artist of the year, one of three honors for the pop singer.
Apple announced Monday that Eilish’s “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” has been named album of the year. Eilish and her brother Finneas will also receive songwriter of the year honors.
Eilish will perform a live-streamed concert from the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple’s campus in Cupertino, California, beginning at 6:30 p.m. PST on Wednesday.
Lizzo has been named the breakthrough artist of the year.
Most Read Stories
- After dancer strips at Seattle conference on homelessness, agency director suspended
- Where do most die-hard Seattle Seahawks fans live? Not in the city, market data shows. | FYI Guy
- Marshawn Lynch paid an official visit to the Seahawks, but it's not what you think
- Wild Ginger turns 30 — how is this institution of Seattle dining holding up?
- Heavy snow hitting mountain passes. Here's what to know before you go. WATCH
Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road” is the company’s pick for song of the year.
The company says its album and song of the year honors are determined by streams on its Apple Music service. Other awards are determined by Apple Music’s editorial team.