LOS ANGELES (AP) — Billie Eilish will be the first recipient of the Apple Music Award for global artist of the year, one of three honors for the pop singer.
Apple announced Monday that Eilish’s “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” has been named album of the year. Eilish and her brother Finneas will also receive songwriter of the year honors.
Eilish will perform a live-streamed concert from the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple’s campus in Cupertino, California, beginning at 6:30 p.m. PST on Wednesday.
Lizzo has been named the breakthrough artist of the year.
Most Read Stories
- Evidence is growing, but what will it take to prove masks slow the spread of COVID-19? VIEW
- Restaurants in Italy are reopening ancient 'wine windows' used during the plague
- Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best says she will retire amid protests, City Council cuts
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 10: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- 374 Seattle Police Department employees made at least $200,000 last year; here's how
Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road” is the company’s pick for song of the year.
The company says its album and song of the year honors are determined by streams on its Apple Music service. Other awards are determined by Apple Music’s editorial team.