MADISON, Wis. (AP) — It would be a crime to solicit nude or sexually explicit photos from a child in Wisconsin under a bill approved by the state Assembly.
Under the bill passed Thursday, adults who try to coax children into supplying them with nude or sexually explicit photos would be guilty of a felony punishable by up to three-and-a-half years in prison.
Adults between the ages of 18 and 21 who solicit such photos from children no more than three years younger than them would be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by up to nine months in jail.
The bill has bipartisan support.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump to propose reorganizing the government, targeting safety net programs
- Melania Trump dons 'I really don't care, do u?' jacket
- Iran lists demands for improving relations with US
- Koko, beloved gorilla who learned to use sign language, has died
- White House proposes federal government overhaul
The Assembly passed it on a voice vote with no debate, sending the measure to the Senate.