An Indian Sikh warrior blows fire during a display of traditional martial art skills in Jammu, India.
In other images from the Asia-Pacific region this week, a woman holds incense and prays for health and fortune on New Year’s Day at the Yonghegong Lama Temple in Beijing.
Thai worshippers take turns lying in coffins at a Buddhist temple in Bangkok in the belief that it helps them get rid of bad luck in the new year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- Massive blackout hits tens of millions in South America VIEW
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- A deadly deer disease is spreading. Could it strike people, too?
This gallery was curated by Associated Press photo editor Masayo Yoshida in Tokyo.
Visit the AP Images blog: http://apimagesblog.com
Visit AP Images online: http://www.apimages.com