An Indian Sikh warrior blows fire during a display of traditional martial art skills in Jammu, India.
In other images from the Asia-Pacific region this week, a woman holds incense and prays for health and fortune on New Year’s Day at the Yonghegong Lama Temple in Beijing.
Thai worshippers take turns lying in coffins at a Buddhist temple in Bangkok in the belief that it helps them get rid of bad luck in the new year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller reveals Trump's attempts to choke off Russia probe VIEW
- 3 climbers presumed dead after Banff avalanche
- Here's the redacted Mueller report and what you need to know about it
- Key takeaways from Robert Mueller's Russia report VIEW
- Thailand says US man's seasteading home violates sovereignty
This gallery was curated by Associated Press photo editor Masayo Yoshida in Tokyo.
Visit the AP Images blog: http://apimagesblog.com
Visit AP Images online: http://www.apimages.com