You can forgive a lot of things about Jim Harbaugh, coach of the San Francisco 49ers, but even his wife gets critical when it comes to his long-standing love affair of pleated khakis.
Turns out even his wife thinks the pleats have to go. Sarah Harbaugh reportedly called Bay Area radio station 99.7 Now and said she hates her husband’s pleated pants. “I will not take the blame for his outfits,” she said.
“I’ve thrown them away many times. I’ve asked him, ‘Please, pleats are gone. Wear the flat front,’” according to a recording on the “Fernando and Greg” show. “He has a flattering body.”
His wife went on to say that even when she has thrown them out, Harbaugh buys new ones — from Walmart. “They were $8. $8!”
Most Read Stories
- Detectives say simmering gang war in South King County is behind fatal shooting of an office worker in Burien
- Seahawks mailbag: Why don't they go no-huddle more? What happens now to Shaquem Griffin?
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
- An inside look at Chris Petersen and Washington's somewhat cantankerous relationship with ESPN
Apparently, Sarah Harbaugh said her husband’s wardrobe has no influence on her wardrobe: “I might be from the Midwest, but I have some style.”
And lest we forget, there’s at least one other NFL coach who often is seen in khakis and hoodies: Pete Carroll.