You can forgive a lot of things about Jim Harbaugh, coach of the San Francisco 49ers, but even his wife gets critical when it comes to his long-standing love affair of pleated khakis.
Turns out even his wife thinks the pleats have to go. Sarah Harbaugh reportedly called Bay Area radio station 99.7 Now and said she hates her husband’s pleated pants. “I will not take the blame for his outfits,” she said.
“I’ve thrown them away many times. I’ve asked him, ‘Please, pleats are gone. Wear the flat front,’” according to a recording on the “Fernando and Greg” show. “He has a flattering body.”
His wife went on to say that even when she has thrown them out, Harbaugh buys new ones — from Walmart. “They were $8. $8!”
Most Read Stories
- 'Unwanted subject': What led a Kirkland yogurt shop to call police on a black man | Danny Westneat
- When does the viaduct close? How much is the tunnel toll? Your guide to Seattle's Highway 99 project
- Mariners trade left-hander James Paxton to the Yankees for three prospects
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I'm just standing up for people's rights': Police chief in tiny Republic says he won’t enforce new gun law
Apparently, Sarah Harbaugh said her husband’s wardrobe has no influence on her wardrobe: “I might be from the Midwest, but I have some style.”
And lest we forget, there’s at least one other NFL coach who often is seen in khakis and hoodies: Pete Carroll.