You can forgive a lot of things about Jim Harbaugh, coach of the San Francisco 49ers, but even his wife gets critical when it comes to his long-standing love affair of pleated khakis.
Turns out even his wife thinks the pleats have to go. Sarah Harbaugh reportedly called Bay Area radio station 99.7 Now and said she hates her husband’s pleated pants. “I will not take the blame for his outfits,” she said.
“I’ve thrown them away many times. I’ve asked him, ‘Please, pleats are gone. Wear the flat front,’” according to a recording on the “Fernando and Greg” show. “He has a flattering body.”
His wife went on to say that even when she has thrown them out, Harbaugh buys new ones — from Walmart. “They were $8. $8!”
Most Read Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- Airbus's A380 failure ripples through its rivalry with Boeing in complex ways
- Former Eastside lawmaker arrested after drinking with underage relative, police say
- Meet the many unsung heroes of the Seattle Snowpocalypse WATCH
- Analysis: How does UW's QB situation measure up with the rest of the Pac-12?
Apparently, Sarah Harbaugh said her husband’s wardrobe has no influence on her wardrobe: “I might be from the Midwest, but I have some style.”
And lest we forget, there’s at least one other NFL coach who often is seen in khakis and hoodies: Pete Carroll.