You can forgive a lot of things about Jim Harbaugh, coach of the San Francisco 49ers, but even his wife gets critical when it comes to his long-standing love affair of pleated khakis.
Turns out even his wife thinks the pleats have to go. Sarah Harbaugh reportedly called Bay Area radio station 99.7 Now and said she hates her husband’s pleated pants. “I will not take the blame for his outfits,” she said.
“I’ve thrown them away many times. I’ve asked him, ‘Please, pleats are gone. Wear the flat front,’” according to a recording on the “Fernando and Greg” show. “He has a flattering body.”
His wife went on to say that even when she has thrown them out, Harbaugh buys new ones — from Walmart. “They were $8. $8!”
Most Read Stories
- Emirates negotiations may deal blow to key Boeing 777X order
- Now and Then? Mariners send Edwin Encarnacion to Yankees for prospect they already traded away
- New Airbus leadership steps out in Paris Air Show, talks climate change and trashes Boeing
- Mariners Sunday mailbag: Could Seattle set a record-low attendance mark this week?
- Washington state waterfront owners asked to take dead whales
Apparently, Sarah Harbaugh said her husband’s wardrobe has no influence on her wardrobe: “I might be from the Midwest, but I have some style.”
And lest we forget, there’s at least one other NFL coach who often is seen in khakis and hoodies: Pete Carroll.