GAS CITY, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a weekend house fire in northeastern Indiana killed two brothers and a dog.
Gas City Fire Chief David Linn says the home was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived on the scene Saturday morning, and they needed two hours to get the blaze under control. He says two bodies were found inside afterward.
The Grant County Coroner’s Office identified the victims as 60-year-old Douglas Simon and 53-year-old Bruce Simon.
Fire officials say the fire started on the main floor and spread to the second floor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Navy submarine lost with all hands in World War II is found off Okinawa
- White House at war with itself even as it fights impeachment inquiry
- Donald Trump Jr. talk marked by anger over no Q&A
- Nikki Haley claims top aides tried to recruit her to 'save the country' by undermining Trump
- Child abusers run rampant as tech companies look the other way VIEW
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, but officials don’t believe it’s suspicious.