LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cate Blanchett and Zendaya are among the InStyle honorees who have chosen to use their platform to talk about more than clothes.
Both Blanchett and Zendaya spoke about how fashion can be empowering Monday night at the third annual InStyle Awards held at The Getty Center.
Zendaya says fashion has become a platform to showcase different types of beauty. She says that mothers have told her that their daughters like their hair now because she wore an Afro.
Blanchett added that fashion can be an extension of who women are.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The two stars were among honorees including Elle Fanning, Demi Lovato, hair stylist Harry Josh and makeup artist Hung Vanngo at the soiree that included celebrity guests like Cindy Crawford, Ellen Pompeo, Connie Britton and Kate Bosworth.