PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix police say a collision ejected four of the five people in the two vehicles and sent both vehicles into a block wall, fatally injured a 3-year-old boy and leaving a 6-year-old girl in extremely critical condition.
Police say the three other people injured in the wreck include a man and a woman who were in the same vehicle as the two young children and a man who was driving the other vehicle.
The wreck occurred Monday night on the 1800 block of East Greenway Park in north Phoenix.
Sgt. Vince Lewis says impairment is being investigated as a possible factor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
No identities were released.