PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix police say a collision ejected four of the five people in the two vehicles and sent both vehicles into a block wall, fatally injured a 3-year-old boy and leaving a 6-year-old girl in extremely critical condition.
Police say the three other people injured in the wreck include a man and a woman who were in the same vehicle as the two young children and a man who was driving the other vehicle.
The wreck occurred Monday night on the 1800 block of East Greenway Park in north Phoenix.
Sgt. Vince Lewis says impairment is being investigated as a possible factor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
No identities were released.