PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A Philadelphia storefront featured prominently in the “Rocky” films has been demolished.
The building was home to the fictional pet store where Rocky courted his eventual wife, Adrian. It was featured in several of the films and was a frequent stop on tours designed for Rocky fans.
Tour Guide Ben Caplan tells Philly.com (http://bit.ly/2oaZiFc ) he was taking a group there Thursday when he found construction crews tearing the building down.
The building, once a real pet shop, had been empty for several years.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
Information from: Philly.com, http://www.philly.com/