BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — The Yellowstone County coroner is retiring at the end of the year.
Sheriff Mike Linder tells The Billings Gazette that Chief Deputy Coroner Cliff Mahoney will replace Lt. Bill Jones as coroner. Jones has led the coroner’s office since 1990 and has served in the sheriff’s office for 39 years.
Mahoney has worked full time in the coroner’s office for three years and assisted the department for several years before that.
Linder says another deputy coroner, Cpl. Richard Hoffman, will assume Mahoney’s duties.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities
Information from: The Billings Gazette, http://www.billingsgazette.com