MELFA, Va. (AP) — A yacht club on Virginia’s Eastern Shore has suffered heavy damage in a fire.
Media outlets report that a fire broke out Friday night at the Eastern Shore Yacht and Country Club in Melfa.
The cause of the fire has not yet been released.
The fire broke out around 10:30 p.m. as the club was closing down for the night.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Inside the extreme effort to punish women for abortion
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The club’s president tells WBOC-TV in Salisbury, Maryland, that no one was injured.
The 125-acre country club was founded in 1960 and sits on the bank of Pungoteague Creek, according to their website.