MELFA, Va. (AP) — A yacht club on Virginia’s Eastern Shore has suffered heavy damage in a fire.
Media outlets report that a fire broke out Friday night at the Eastern Shore Yacht and Country Club in Melfa.
The cause of the fire has not yet been released.
The fire broke out around 10:30 p.m. as the club was closing down for the night.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Tri-Cities teen charged with selling his friend to an adult for sex
- Trump, in call, urged Ukraine to investigate Biden's son VIEW
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- Where have the wild birds gone? 3 billion fewer than in 1970
- New Zealand worker feared he might lose his job, so he brought an emotional-support clown to work
The club’s president tells WBOC-TV in Salisbury, Maryland, that no one was injured.
The 125-acre country club was founded in 1960 and sits on the bank of Pungoteague Creek, according to their website.