CASPER, Wyo. (AP) — The Wyoming Highway Patrol says a 46-year-old man led police on a high-speed chase during which he shot at pursuing officers and threw beer cans at them.
KTWO-AM reports that the incident occurred about 10:15 p.m. Sunday on U.S. 20/26 near Powder River, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) west of Casper.
Ryan Cox of the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation says no police officers were injured and officers apparently did not fire their weapons during the incident.
The Wyoming Highway Patrol says its troopers used a maneuver during the chase to cause the man to lose control of his vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The man was taken to Wyoming Medical Center in Casper where the patrol says he was in stable condition Monday.
Information from: KTWO-AM, http://www.k2radio.com/