CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A Wyoming police officer shot and killed a dog that attacked him while he was looking for a man wanted on a drug charge and for violating probation.
Two Cheyenne police officers approached a home Monday near where the suspect’s car was being repossessed and knocked on the rear and front doors. When a woman answered, a 120-pound dog followed behind her and attacked one of the officers, biting his wrist and forearm.
Police say the woman warned the officer that the dog “will get you.” The officer who was attacked fired at the dog five times.
Cheyenne police say the suspect is still at large and is considered armed and dangerous.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest