CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A 22-year-old man accused of shooting a 19-year-old man in the head and dumping his body in a Wyoming reservoir has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder and property destruction.
KGAB-AM reports that Armando Ramirez-Serna, of Cheyenne, entered the plea Friday in Laramie County District Court.
Authorities accuse Ramirez-Serna of shooting Justin Robinson while trying to rob him of a pound of marijuana.
Robinson was found floating face down in a reservoir east of Cheyenne on Nov. 26. Robinson’s burnt SUV was found nearby.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- 'I shot a whole family of baboons': Idaho Fish and Game official faces fury after Africa trophy hunting boasts
Ramirez-Serna’s trial has been set for May 14. If convicted of second-degree murder, he could face 20 years to life in prison.
Information from: KGAB-AM, http://www.kgab.com