CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A 22-year-old man accused of shooting a 19-year-old man in the head and dumping his body in a Wyoming reservoir has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder and property destruction.
KGAB-AM reports that Armando Ramirez-Serna, of Cheyenne, entered the plea Friday in Laramie County District Court.
Authorities accuse Ramirez-Serna of shooting Justin Robinson while trying to rob him of a pound of marijuana.
Robinson was found floating face down in a reservoir east of Cheyenne on Nov. 26. Robinson’s burnt SUV was found nearby.
Most Read Stories
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
- After 911 calls and a lockdown at Highline College, police find 'zero evidence' of a shooting VIEW
- Snow in Seattle? Freezing temperatures? 'Be ready for it'
- Everett teen arrested after grandmother finds journal detailing school-shooting plot, police say
- King County Republican chair criticized after telling gun-control advocate 'Do not ever contact me again'
Ramirez-Serna’s trial has been set for May 14. If convicted of second-degree murder, he could face 20 years to life in prison.
Information from: KGAB-AM, http://www.kgab.com