CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A 22-year-old man accused of shooting a 19-year-old man in the head and dumping his body in a Wyoming reservoir has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder and property destruction.
KGAB-AM reports that Armando Ramirez-Serna, of Cheyenne, entered the plea Friday in Laramie County District Court.
Authorities accuse Ramirez-Serna of shooting Justin Robinson while trying to rob him of a pound of marijuana.
Robinson was found floating face down in a reservoir east of Cheyenne on Nov. 26. Robinson’s burnt SUV was found nearby.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A 30-year-old demanded notice for eviction from his parents' house. 'Outrageous,' a judge said.
- Trump cancels summit, citing 'open hostility' by North Korea
- 'Eerie' blue flames burn in cracks caused by Hawaii volcano VIEW
- Parents go to court to boot 30-year-old son from home
- Trump Twitter ruling: What a Washington woman did to get blocked by the president
Ramirez-Serna’s trial has been set for May 14. If convicted of second-degree murder, he could face 20 years to life in prison.
Information from: KGAB-AM, http://www.kgab.com