CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A 14-year-old Wyoming boy is in custody after police responded to a call that someone was robbing a store at knifepoint and then fled on a push scooter.
Cheyenne Police Department spokesman Officer Kevin Malatesta says officers were called to a robbery in progress around 11:20 a.m. Thursday.
KGAB-AM reports that the suspect was described as a person wearing a gorilla mask who displayed a knife.
Malatesta says officers arrested the suspect as he attempted to flee on the scooter.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- In 1970, Mississippi banned 'Sesame Street' for showing Black and white kids playing
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Because the suspect is a juvenile, police aren’t releasing his name. No one was hurt.
Information from: KGAB-AM, http://www.kgab.com