CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) — A 14-year-old Wyoming boy is in custody after police responded to a call that someone was robbing a store at knifepoint and then fled on a push scooter.
Cheyenne Police Department spokesman Officer Kevin Malatesta says officers were called to a robbery in progress around 11:20 a.m. Thursday.
KGAB-AM reports that the suspect was described as a person wearing a gorilla mask who displayed a knife.
Malatesta says officers arrested the suspect as he attempted to flee on the scooter.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- A hiker went camping despite warnings about severe winter weather. Six rescuers in snowshoes had to save him.
Because the suspect is a juvenile, police aren’t releasing his name. No one was hurt.
Information from: KGAB-AM, http://www.kgab.com