NEWRY, Maine (AP) — The World Pro Ski Tour is wrapping up its second season at an event at Maine’s Sunday River.
Skiers from Maine to Minnesota to Slovakia were among participants in Saturday’s finals for cash prizes at the racing event that pits skiers competing side by side.
The World Pro Ski Tour relaunched last year with a single event at Sunday River. This year, it expanded to three events, all televised on CBS, and Executive Director Craig Marshall said he hopes to expand with more events for next winter.
The Pro Ski tour served for decades as the only made-for-TV ski racing event with cash prizes and national sponsors. Ed Rogers created the style of competition in which skiers race against each other instead of racing against the clock.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.