COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — A penis-shaped rock formation in southern Norway is up again after the popular tourist attraction was found badly damaged last month.
On Friday, workers put back more than 12 tons of heavy rock that broke off the Trollpikken formation two weeks ago. They used iron wedges and concrete to reattach the broken promontory after winching it up inside 10-meter-high (33-feet) scaffolding.
Joggers discovered drilling holes in the rock south of Stavanger that suggested it was deliberately vandalized. More than 226,000 kroner ($27,000) was donated online to repair it.
However, broadcaster NRK says visitors need to wait at least a week for the formation to be fully set before climbing on it.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- Many post-COVID patients are experiencing new medical problems, study finds
- Everyone’s going to Hawaii, and the resorts aren’t ready
- A high school marked unvaccinated students at prom with Sharpie. Parents called it Nazi Germany, Republican says.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
No arrests have been made for the alleged vandalism.