BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — Authorities say a worker died after he was hit by a falling concrete column at a construction site in Billings.
Police Sgt. Harley Cagle tells The Billings Gazette the man was standing near the column when it fell and hit him on the head at the former Labor Temple Hall on Tuesday. The worker, who was wearing a hard hat at the time, was employed by Fisher Construction Inc.
Cagle says the crew did not appear to have been working on the column, which was part of the building’s exterior.
The former Labor Temple Hall is being renovated as part of the low-income housing project, which was announced in November 2016.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
The worker’s name has not been released.
Information from: The Billings Gazette, http://www.billingsgazette.com