NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities are investigating after a worker was found dead inside a New York City hospital bathroom days after he sought treatment for an injured finger.
Family members of 44-year-old Anthony Luso said Monday they wondered how he was locked inside a bathroom at Montefiore Medical Center for days without anyone noticing.
Luso worked as an operating room technician at the Bronx hospital. His family says he went to the emergency room Thursday to get an injured finger treated.
His family reported him missing on Friday and visited the hospital Monday morning. A hospital worker then found Luso dead inside a third-floor bathroom.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why nonalcoholic beer beats regular beer after exercise
- 75-year-old hiker found on mountain as search continues for missing actor
- Want to break up with your gas fireplace? Here's how to convert it
- Earth’s inner core paused, then reversed its spin. This is fine
- How do you live to be 100? Good genes, getting outside and friends
A spokeswoman says the hospital is saddened by the death of one of its employees. She says the hospital and police are investigating the circumstances of his death.