NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities are investigating after a worker was found dead inside a New York City hospital bathroom days after he sought treatment for an injured finger.
Family members of 44-year-old Anthony Luso said Monday they wondered how he was locked inside a bathroom at Montefiore Medical Center for days without anyone noticing.
Luso worked as an operating room technician at the Bronx hospital. His family says he went to the emergency room Thursday to get an injured finger treated.
His family reported him missing on Friday and visited the hospital Monday morning. A hospital worker then found Luso dead inside a third-floor bathroom.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
- Beneath Biden’s folksy demeanor, a short fuse and an obsession with details
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- Greene searched Capitol office building for Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, 2019 video shows
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
A spokeswoman says the hospital is saddened by the death of one of its employees. She says the hospital and police are investigating the circumstances of his death.