DILLARD, Ore. (AP) — Roseburg Forest Products says one of its employees died in an accident at its plywood plant in Dillard, Oregon.
The Springfield-based company has yet to release details about what happened, and says the incident is under investigation. The employee was identified as 57-year-old Joel Kuhse, who had worked for the company since 2010.
Martin Merica told The News-Review that his father-in-law worked at the press next to Kuhse, and called for help Monday after finding Kuhse motionless on top of his load.
The worker who leaves behind a wife and children was known for his infectious laugh, his Stetson hat and helping with an annual toy and clothing drive for children in Douglas County.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
Roseburg Forest Products will establish a fund for employees to contribute to Kuhse’s family.
Information from: The News-Review, http://www.nrtoday.com